[It’s Halloween week, and this year the only thing on my mind is THE WALKING DEAD. Combine that with Mizzou’s first win over Oklahoma in more than a decade, and all of my wildest dreams may be coming true. Catch the week ahead after the jump.]
[This fabulous picture also belongs to Warming Glow. I really want Photoshop.]
- Monsters (Limited): OK, this film looks pretty decent, now I just have to figure out where it’s showing. The premise consists of a journalist heading over to Mexico to find his boss’s daughter. As if it wouldn’t be hard enough to find someone in Mexico, this time half the country is under alien quarantine… No, not that kind of alien. The ones with tentacles and scales and shit. Anyways, it looks kind of similar to District 9, and I have no problem with that at all.
- Saw 3-D: Sooo many reasons to not see this movie! It’s in 3-D, it’s the 8th(?) installment in a series that shouldn’t have made it past 3 or 4, and it’s in 3-D. Seriously, how are they going to effectively use that? Oh wow, blood flew at my face. Not like that doesn’t happen ever time I go to work [My boss believes in 1930’s style factory work.]
- Rock Band 3: After my puppy chewed clean through the wire on my Rock Band drum controller, all passing thoughts of getting this game flew out the window, but there weren’t many to begin with. I was real into the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band thing for about 4 years, but I’ve grown out of that phase since now all of my friends are better than me on Expert. Either I win or I quit.
- The Sims 3: After I realized that attempting to live real life in The Sims 2 was boring, I just got all the cheats, gave myself infinite money, and just started getting into affairs with the maids/ creating girl-girl relationships/ killing everyone, just like all the other teens that got that game. So yeah, I’m not getting this one either.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2: Afterrrrrrrrrrasjdfffffffff… sorry, I just passed out for a second. I couldn’t care less about any of the games being released this week. Let the pros give you an opinion on this one.
- Also being released: Fable 3, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011, Tony Hawk Shred
[If Monopoly Streets was actually about thug life, maybe I’d be excited about the games this week. I’ll buy the Junkie’s Tool Shed with 5 g’s of meth, please.]
- THE WALKING DEAD: Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Seriously, there is no way this can possibly suck. Frank Darabont created it, therefore it’s automatically gold. I swear, I will leave piles of money at my doorstep if that means the kids won’t ring my doorbell when this airs. And if it does suck, pray for the world.
Sports Matchups of the Week:
- The World Series: SF Giants vs. Texas Rangers: Uh, can I get a hell yes, please? Combined with Mizzou(!)’s win over OU, this weekend has been a pretty good one for the underdogs. San Fran and Texas prevented it from being Philly vs. New York for consecutive years, and also kept Philly from getting there for a third straight trip. It’s tough to figure out who to root for now; Texas has former Mizzou player Ian Kinsler, but San Fran has pretty colors and a neato stadium. Choices, choices…
- Mizzou at Nebraska: Well crap, I had no damn clue that the Tigers had to go straight to Lincoln after an emotional win over Oklahoma, who for the past few decades has been Mizzou’s dominatrix. While I don’t feel too hot about this game, I trust that we can stay close for 4 quarters. Prove me right, Missouri.
- Minnesota at Green Bay: Poor Minnesota. They think Brett “Penisgate” Favre can still lead the Vikings to a Super Bowl. Poor Green Bay. They be hurtin’ and stuff. This is supposed to be the big game for this Sunday, but it looks like it should be called the Sadsack Bowl.
[Seeya next week, folks!]